Home Services Cooking Oil Recycling Stations
To support the recycling of cooking oil, the library has partnered with Hillsborough County Public Utilities and the C.O.R.E. program.
All cooking oils can cause problems in home plumbing and the sewage collection system.
Cooking oil recycling stations are available at library locations countywide.
Cooking Oil Recycling Station Locations
How To Recycle Cooking Oil
- Carefully pour cooled cooking oil into a large, sturdy plastic or wax-coated container, such as the original container, a juice carton, or a C.O.R.E. jug.
- Cap the container.
- Store the container in a cool, safe location until it is full.
- Don’t mix the grease with any other liquids or products.
- Once the container is full, bring it to a C.O.R.E. recycling station.
Types of Oil Accepted
- Canola oil
- Corn oil
- Grease leftover from cooking of animal fats (e.g. bacon grease and hamburger drippings)
- Olive oil
- Peanut oil
- Sesame oil
- Soybean oil
- Sunflower oil
- Vegetable oil