Have a question? Chat, email or text with a librarian!Ask us now
eBooks & Digital Media
Having trouble with eBooks and videos? Many of our providers have online help and tutorials:
Please contact us if you need assistance with a specific resource.
- How can I access databases outside the library?
- You need to have a valid Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative library card in good standing to access the subscription databases. When you follow a database link from HCPLC.org, you will be asked to enter your complete library card number (no spaces) and PIN before you are directed to the database.
- Are all databases available outside the library?
- The following databases are only available inside a library branch:
- Ancestry Library Edition
- The Foundation Directory Online
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online
- Foundation Maps
- JSTOR Ireland Collection
- Why does it tell me "This resource requires a valid Hillsborough County Public Library card?"
- Be sure you are entering your library card without spaces. If it still does not work, contact us at 813-273-3652. Be prepared to provide your card number.
- I bookmarked a database earlier and now it won't let me log in.
- There is a built-in authentication process when you follow the database links from HCPLC.org. We recommend that you bookmark our Learning & Research page or a specific subpage, not the database page.
- Why am I still having trouble signing on?
As with all technology, we recommend these initial troubleshooting steps:
- Completely clear your web browser cache and history
- Re-boot your PC, laptop or device
- Re-boot your wireless network (if applicable)
- Verify your Internet connection
- Verify using current version of web browser
- Try a different web browser
- Try a different computer or device