Revisiting the Founding Era
Poetry Slam Entry Form
Look at Where We Are. Look at Where We Started.
A panel of judges, made up of educators, and librarians will score each poem based on a rubric.Scoring rubric
- You must be in grades 6-12.
- You must be a student in Hillsborough County.
- HCPLC employees and their families are not eligible to participate.
- Each poem must be an original composition of the performer.
- The poem topic must come from the primary source documents provided by the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History.
- There will be a three minute time limit (plus a ten second grace period) to perform the poem.
- No props, costumes or audio may be used.
- Keep it clean! No profanity or vulgarity are allowed. The content of the poem should be appropriate for a family audience.
- Performers must be appropriately dressed for a family audience.
- Poem memorization recommended but not required.