If you have a question about any charges, please contact us at 813-273-3652.
Payments by credit/debit card are self service only. Staff do not handle credit/debit card transactions.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover cards are accepted. The library does not charge a fee for credit/debit card use.
How to Pay Online
- Log into your Library Account.
- Click Pay Fees on the Fees page.
- Enter your library card number and PIN to log in to the SmartPay system.
- Select the Pay Fines/Fees tab to pay charges.
- All outstanding charges are now available for payment. Select Check All to pay entire balance or select specific items for payment. Choose Finish when all required Credit Card Information fields are filled in.
- Choose OK to proceed with payment. This might take 1-2 minutes.
- SmartPay shows a payment confirmation screen. Choose Print to keep a copy of the receipt for your records. To view payment history, choose the Transactions tab.
In Person - Self Service
Payments can be made using credit/debit cards at a Self Check kiosk in any Hillsborough County Public Library.
Cash, checks, or money orders are no longer accepted at THPL locations.
Send a check or money order, payable to:
Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
102 E. 7th Ave.
Tampa, FL 33602
All payments for lost or damaged materials are non-refundable.