The Teen Social Media Internship program is currently filled. Please check back in the future for the opportunity for students to apply.
We are looking for motivated and talented young individuals ages 14-18 looking to earn Bright Futures or educational service hours by volunteering with the library system. The goal of this 5-week program is to help further develop your social media skills in a professional work environment. As a volunteer, students who reside and attend school in Hillsborough County will be working remotely with the library to participate in hands-on projects and weekly tasks that use social media platforms to promote HCPLC’s brand image. Volunteers will be able to apply everyday social media knowledge to projects and gain essential skills related to Media and Public Relations.
Volunteer Duties and Responsibilities
- Required 5-8 hours per week for a total of at least 25 hours by completion of internship
- Assisting with creation of social media graphics, video ideas, and video content
- Help develop strategies for capturing target audience and grow current customer engagement
- Assist in writing social media short-form draft posts
- Organizing user-generated content from social media channels and dedicated hashtags or keywords
- Other duties as assigned