Battle of the Bands
It’s the 2019 Online Battle of the Bands contest, sponsored by the Friends of the New Tampa Regional Library!
Song submissions are open! Enter your song here.
- 1st Place - $200 Amazon Gift Card
- 2nd Place - $100 Amazon Gift Card
- 3rd Place - $50 Amazon Gift Card
Fan Favorite Award - $50 Gift Card
- Complete the online submission form to send us your song. DEADLINE: June 9.
- Contest rules:
- All songs must be original work in mp3 format.
- Participants must be 13 years or older.
- HCPLC library staff and their families are ineligible to win prizes.
- A panel of local judges will rate songs and award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes based on the following categories:
- Recording Quality (production)
- Composition (Song demonstrates a deliberate expression, made with intention.)
- Musicality (Is the recorded performance appropriate to its style?)
- Originality (Non-derivative. A unique musical expression.)
- Voting for the Fan Favorite award on SoundCloud opens June 10.
- All winners will be announced at the Grand Finale Listening Party - Saturday, June 22 at New Tampa Regional Library. Winners must be present to collect prizes.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Are you inspired? Listen to the songs of 2018.
Need space or equipment to lay down your track? Visit a library recording studio! Reserving studio space is free with your library card.
Are you amped? Watch the Battle Theme video.
Did you know? The Library was rocking 50 years ago!
In the summer of 1969 the library sponsored a series of Friday night rock concerts for teens, featuring local bands and DJs. The concerts were held in the bookmobile tunnel at what is now the John F. Germany Public Library. The shows attracted around 1,500 people and were so successful that they moved to a bigger venue, the Armory, the following year.
Explore more local history and photos in our Digital Collections.